Served this for dessert tonight, did not tell family what the ingredients were. It was good enough to want seconds, but satisfying where you didn’t really want another piece.
Often when I’m cooking, I either don’t have all the ingredients, or I just want to make changes. This is the inspiration recipe Deep-Dish Cookie Pie. The following is my recipe:
Preheat oven to 350, cooks for 35-40 minutes (took 40 for me). Grease an 8×10 pan (I used a spring-form pan). Serves 16. Next time I will cut recipe in half and bake in a smaller pan.
- 2 can beans. I used white and garbanzo. Drain and rinse
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tbls. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. BP
- 1/2 tsp BS…lol baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar (next time will substitute figs or dates to reduce)
- 1 cup chips, I had 1/2 cup chocolate and 1/2 cup butterscotch
- 1/2 cup of pecans
In Cuisinart, mix the first nine ingredients till blended. Then add the chips and nuts and pulse till just incorporated. It’s now ready to bake.
After it came out of the oven and had cooled, I decided to chill to make it firmer. Dolloped with whipped cream.
* follow this link for substituting sweeteners.