Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- baking time 25 minutes
- makes 9 large muffins
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (325 grams)
- 3/4 cup white sugar (160 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla *add some whipped cream optional
For the Crumble
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cold or frozen butter, grated
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven
- Prepare pan. Either grease or use muffin liners.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add the blueberries last and make sure they are dusted in flour (it will prevent them from sinking)
- Using a measuring cup, put, the oil in, eggs, and then add enough milk (which is about 1/3 cup worth) until it measures a full cup. Yogurt can be substituted for the milk.
- Add the wet ingredients. Do not over mix. Fold in till the flour/blueberry mixture is just incorporated. It’s okay to see a little flour.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the muffin tins. Typically they say 3/4 full but this recipe has worked well with the muffin tins 90% full.
- For the crumble, grate the cold butter into the flour and sugar mixture and then toss with your fingers till combined. Top the muffins. The crumble is optional.
- Bake for 25 minutes till the tops are a light golden brown. Cooking time depends on your oven. Let rest for a minute before either tilting or removing from muffin tin. This will allow the steam to escape.
and the story that goes with it.