White Chicken Chili
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 32-ounce box of chicken broth/stock
- 12 ounces corn (canned, frozen or fresh)
- 2 – 15 ounces canned white beans
- 2 – 4.5-ounce cans green chilies
- 3 cups shredded, or cubed chicken
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or coconut milk)
- 2 Tablespoons salsa
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
- fresh chopped cilantro
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Sauté the onion in olive oil till translucent
- Add spices and garlic, stir and cook for a minute till fragrant
- Add chicken broth, corn, beans and chilies, sour cream, salsa, and cilantro.
- Simmer for minimum 10-minutes, ideally for 20-minutes. With soups like this, the flavors tend to marry overnight, so go ahead, make this a day ahead.
Season with S&P to taste.
If it still lacks flavor, you can increase the spices to your liking, add more salsa, a tablespoon of Better than Bouillon, or all of the above. Like it creamier, add more sour cream. Like it hotter, add Tabasco or your choice of hot sauce. If you have chicken to use up, go ahead and add that too. This is a good way to use up rotisserie chicken.
*Serve the chili with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, a sprinkle of cilantro and a side of Tortilla chips