This recipe is for one serving, so multiply the ingredients. Typically I times this by three.
1 Banana, mashed
2 Eggs, beaten
1 Apple, peeled and sliced
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 cup Raisins. reconstituted
1 tsp. Butter (clarified)*
- To reconstitute the raisins, let them steep in hot water while you go to the next step.
- In a non-stick pan, using a dab of (clarified) butter, cook the apple with cinnamon till fork tender.
- mash the banana, add the eggs, vanilla and pinch of salt, blend till it makes a batter. You don’t need to get all the lumps out.
- Drain the water from the raisins and combine all ingredients together.
- Heat non-stick pan with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of butter, add all the ingredients and cover (I like to use a clear glass lid so I can see how it is cooking).
- originally, I made two pancakes, now I just make one big one which is 2 ladles (one cup). Once the base has formed and the edges are solid, it is ready to flip. Then cook till it is no longer runny.
hint- If you are using regular butter, you will need to wipe the pan after each pancake. it will make it easier to flip. If you don’t feel confident to flip, just turn it over with a rubber spatula, it will taste just fine!
* if you are doing a Whole30, clarify butter in order to remove the milk solids